Irregular periods infers either the length of periods differs unfailingly or the time between two periods vacillates a ton or possibly the loss of blood amid a period is uncommon.
Reasons/Causes of irregular menses
The possible causes are-
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and eating habits
- Stress and fatigue
- Hormonal imbalance,
- Uterine fibroids
- Overactive or underactive thyroids
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
Follow these home remedies to regularise your periods naturally:
13Aloe vera and honey
Due to several medicinal properties of Aloe Vera, it is quite effective for treating irregular periods and regularising hormones.
- 1 Aloe Vera leaf
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Remove Aloe Vera gel from the leaf and mix honey into it.
- Eat it on an empty stomach every morning except on your period days.
Carrots are a rich source of iron but they also help in regularising proper function of your hormonal system.
- Add carrots to the juicer and make its juice.
- Drink it every day morning for 3 months.
- Avoid having it during your periods.
11Sesame seeds and jaggery powder
Sesame seeds contain lignans, which help in balancing hormones and regularising periods. Jaggery generates a lot of heat in your body giving you healthy period flow. Jaggery is even beneficial in breaking PCOD cyst naturally.
- Handful roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon jaggery powder
- Blend both the ingredients together until you get a fine powder.
- Intake 1 teaspoon of this powder every day on an empty stomach 2 weeks before your periods for a few months.
10Raw papaya juice
Raw papaya contains a natural element, which contracts muscle fibers in the uterus. It acts as a potent emmenagogue, which treats irregular periods particularly caused due to stress and menopause.
- 1 raw papaya
- 1 teaspoon Honey(optional)
- Extract papaya pulp and put it into a juicer.
- Add honey or drink is as it is on a daily basis.
- Do not consume it during your periods.
Coriander seeds contain natural enzymes which help to regularise the menstrual cycle. It is also beneficial in increasing menstrual flow.
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Add coriander seeds into water and keep it to boil.
- Switch off the gas once half the water is evaporated.
- Strain the mixture and drink it 3 times a day.
- Practice this remedy onset of your periods.
Turmeric is a warm herb that contains emmenagogue properties due to which it is very effective in healing irregular periods naturally.
- 1/4th teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 glass milk
- Add turmeric to warm glass of milk and mix well.
- Drink it every day before going to bed.
- Consume it until you get effective results.
Figs provide essential nutrients to your ovaries in order to keep them healthy. Figs also aid in getting regular menstruation.
- Boil figs in the water for 2-5 minutes.
- Put off the gas and strain the solution.
- Consume it every morning.
6Radish seeds and buttermilk
This mixture of radish seeds and buttermilk help rectify hormonal imbalances and help to treat irregular periods.
- The handful of radish seeds(powdered form)
- 1 glass buttermilk
- In a glass of buttermilk, add 2 large spoons of radish seeds powder.
- Mix well and drink it at least one time a day for 3-4 months.
5Mint and honey
This combination of milk and honey is proven the ayurvedic cure for irregular periods. It is very effective for easing period cramps.
- The handful of dried mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Grind mint leaves until you get a fine powder.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey into it and consume it 3 times a day.
- Continue this remedy for several weeks.
Saffron helps to treat irregular periods by balancing your body’s hormones. With regular use, it also gives you a healthy menstrual flow.
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- ½ cup of water
- Mix saffron and water and boil it until the quantity of the solution reduces to 1 tablespoon.
- Divide the residue into three parts and consume it with water 3 times a day for 4-6 days.
Cinnamon is a warm herb, which helps in treating irregular periods and easing menstrual cramps. It regulates insulin level due to which it is very beneficial in improving the menstrual cycle of women with PCOS.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- 1 glass milk.
- Mix ½-teaspoon cinnamon powder in one warm glass of milk and stir well.
- Consume it daily for a couple of weeks.
2Raspberry leaf tea
Raspberry leaf is highly beneficial for maintaining menstrual cycle and overall feminine health. It minimizes hormonal imbalance, relieves you from menstrual cramps and tightens pelvic muscles.
- The handful of red raspberry leaves
- 1-2 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- Boil raspberry leaves in water for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture once it is slightly cool.
- Drink it once daily for a couple of weeks.
1Banyan tree roots and milk
Ayurveda states that banyan tree roots are very beneficial in treating infertility and irregular periods in women.
- The handful of banyan tree roots
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoon milk
- Thoroughly wash banyan trees roots and boil it in 1-cup water for 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture cools down, strain it and add 3-tablespoon milk to it.
- Drink this mixture every day before bedtime for 3-4 months.
Studies have demonstrated that Yoga is advantageous for treating unpredictable periods. Customary yoga helps in limiting hormonal lopsided characteristics and fortifies muscles in the pelvic territory. Yoga is additionally viable in tackling passionate issues, for example, stress, uneasiness, and sorrow, which are a portion of the main sources of unpredictable periods. It likewise does some amazing things for ladies with essential dysmenorrhoea as certain yoga stances help to quiet extraordinary torment previously and amid periods bit by bit.
Poses for regular periods
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
- Baddha Konasana( to Cure PCOS)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Savasana (For dysmenorrhoea)
Maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle
Being overweight is additionally one of the main sources of unpredictable periods today. Because of the quick pace of life, a few ladies think that it’s exceptionally hard to keep up a sound work-life balance. Numerous ladies don’t organize practice exhaust and subsequently, fall prey to the different ailment and unpredictable menstrual cycles. Research has demonstrated that ladies who practice have more beneficial periods contrasted with the individuals who don’t.
To keep up great ladylike wellbeing it is important to pursue a solid way of life. Keeping up sterile cozy propensities, having great rest, maintaining a strategic distance from shoddy nourishment and liquor, abstaining from smoking and so forth., are a portion of the things you ought to pursue. Inability to do this may compound your menstrual wellbeing and lead to future complexities in your fruitfulness.